Terms of Business
The term “No-Problem Technologies” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 Paxton Place, London, SE27 9SS, United Kingdom. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without No-Problem Technologies’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Our MSP Maintenance Contracts are one or two year contracts and have a 3 month cancellation policy. If you are unhappy with the service that we provide, and have worked with us to resolve whatever problems you have and are still not satisfied, then the contract can be ended prematurely by giving 3 months notice from either side. Payments will be due as usual until the end of this 3 month period, at which point after the final payment is made, all passwords and records required for handover of the business will be provided to the new IT Support company.
- If a hardware installation is initiated at the beginning of the 2 year contract, and the labour cost of installation is waived as part of the new contract, should you wish to cancel the contract – for whatever reason – before the full 2 year term is completed, then the full cost of the labour installation will become due.
- As our usual costs are monthly for contractual based services and all hardware and software ordered is done so at our clients request, we do not offer refunds as we have no need to do so.