Reap the benefits of a Cyber Essentials Certification.
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed certification that ensures companies are practicing good cyber hygiene. It’s required for government tenders and is an indicator of a commitment to security and data protection.
Getting Cyber Essentials certified protects you against 99% of threats and demonstrates your security credentials to regulators and prospects.
Key Cyber Essentials Fundamentals.
The Cyber Essentials certification is a set of policies that ensure that you are both currently compliant and also practising good cybersecurity procedures now and for the future.
The main areas of investigation are as follows:
- Patch management
- Malware Protection
- Access Control
- Secure Configuration
The Certification Process.
We achieve a lot of this by installing an agent on each machine which monitors the live security health of each device, and reports the malware and antivirus state as well as the version and security vulnerability of every piece of software on the machine.
The basic Cyber Essentials certification is a self-certification and as such, we will manage it for you and ensure that you are compliant in all areas before submitting it and obtaining your certificate.
Cyber Essentials Plus.
Achieving Cyber Essentials Plus, an official certification standard, requires an audit by a certified assessor. We achieve this for you using our remote auditing service so that your business can maintain continuity – regardless of whether you are all based in one office.
Cyber Essentials Plus - The Process.
The process is as follows:
- We run the Cyber Essentials certification as a prerequisite and ensure that your business is compliant in all areas.
- We submit this to the external auditors who provide us with a checklist prior to the actual audit of any areas of concern which we then resolve.
- The remote audit is then carried out, any issues are dealt with and resubmitted for audit.
- Application is approved and certification issued.
Cyber Essentials & GDPR.
Getting GDPR ready has a reputation for being complex, costly and time-consuming.
This does not have to be the case! At NPIT we can help you develop a lasting data-protection strategy in a relatively short amount of time by utilising the IASME Governance framework to reduce your risk by over 80% and ensure you have processes in place for safely securing data and preventing breaches.
How GDPR is Achieved.
We achieve this by:
- Checking and resolving any security risks live, in real-time
- Data privacy risk assessment
- Digital risk assessment
- Developing smart GDPR compliant policies for distribution and guidance throughout your organisation